Workforce report 2017 from DEKRA
The qualification analysis based on more than 13900 job offers was presented by DEKRA on October 18, 2017 on a conference in Brussels.
KEP (Courier, Express, Package)-drivers are the backbone of the last mile:
Today click on „confirm“ and next day your delivery man will ring the doorbell. Last year approximately 2,3 billion packages went on their way to their clients. Until a package can be delivered at the door, it takes a lot of fine-tuned processes in the background. IT is taking an important role in it, but in the last mile it is still the humans who take over the most important tasks. The activity as a delivery agent is often demanding, that is why employers in Courier, Express and Package services watch for personal characteristics during the employment process. Reliable candidates who can work under pressure and have good manners have a better chance to find a job quickly.
Most important tasks and experience:
- Load safety, loading and unloading vehicles (25.5%)
- Generla knowledge of roads and places (10.1%)
- Computer, scanners and mobile devices skills (7.6%)
Most important soft skills of KEP drivers
- Reliability, accuracy, on schedule (57.9%)
- Exercise capacity (47.1%)
- Positive appearance, manners (30.6%)
Growth in the workforce
- Transport + 4.6%, growth in KEP industry reuqires more drivers
- Service: cosmetics, cleaning + 7.5%.
- Office: administrative processes + 1.6%. Highest increase since data collection
- Production: Increase 14.9%
- Manufacture: Booming Industry searches production employees
- Development: IT + 6.5%.
- Consultants: Health and social management as well as legal consultants
SAP experts: Between strategie and technology
More than 350’000 companies around the world use SAP software to manage and supervise their processes in real time. Who can use this software – as a consultant, developer or user – has a better chance in the job market.
They are everywhere. Micro-organsim. On hands, on all surfaces. They are a danger, especially for older people and other people with a weak immune system. Each individual is responsible, that there is no transfer of micro-organsim to other people.
All sources: DEKRA Akademie 2017