EU Mobility Package as of 20 August 2020
(a brief summary)
- The mobility package clarifies regulations on drive and rest times and harmonizes their application in the various EU Member States.
- Uniform rules contribute to road safety for all road users.
- Social improvements for the professional driver
- A withdrawal period of four days to prevent systematic cabotage
- Drivers must have the possibility to return home regularly, every three to four weeks,
- Vehicles must visit their country of registration at least every two months.
- A long trip on a train or boat can be utilized in the future as a rest period.
- ”Home for the weekend” – Possibility to extend driving time one or two hours.
- An intelligent tachograph should be automatically installed in vehicles engaged in international traffic by 2023.
- In the future EU regulations will also apply to vans over 2.5 tonnes operating in international commercial freight transport.